Best Biz Podcasts for Mompreneurs
May 13, 2019
It goes without saying that we mamaprenuers are busy. We’re raising a family while running a business all at the same time, and most weeks there’s not a minute to spare, so using our time wisely is paramount.
This might be one of the reasons why listening to podcasts has become super popular amongst our community. It’s so easy to learn on the go, from the car, while making dinner or for our founder Lianne Kim, while at her daughter’s cheer practice. As she says “I gotta be there anyway, why not make the most of it!”
That's why we decided to compile a list of our favorite business podcasts as shared by our members. Side bonus, many of the podcasters listed are also juggling business and family, so they totally get it!
- We were thrilled to hear that quite a few of our mamas said they thoroughly enjoyed The Business of Becoming by our Business Bootcamp 2019 keynote speaker Lori Kennedy. While Lori is an expert at helping wellness businesses grow and scale, she shares a lot of practical advice for businesses of any type. Plus, she is such a lovely, passionate human being, we just had to include her in this list!
- An overwhelming majority of our members all said they enjoyed the NPR podcast How I Built This. Host Guy Raz delves into the personalities and stories behind some of the most well-known brands on the planet.
- A lot of our members follow Josh and Jill Stanton of Screw the 9 to 5, as they inspire people to quit their day jobs to pursue the life and business of their dreams. They recently became parents themselves, and their upbeat podcast is a joy to listen to. (Psst! Spoiler Alert, Jill is going to come and speak to our Mamas & Co. Community later this year. Stay tuned!)
- Online Marketing Made Easy by Amy Porterfield is a staple for many of our mamas. Amy releases a new episode every Thursday where she shares her wisdom on everything from list building to webinars and her guests are some of the biggest names in marketing such as Marie Forleo and Seth Godin.
- If you like the psychological side of entrepreneurship, then you’ll love the Mind your Business Podcast by James Wedmore. James built a multiple 7-figure online empire by working smarter, not harder, and he’s proud of it. He shares his insights on how to apply the right mindset to grow your business.
- Mompreneur and business coach Stacy Tuschl recently rebranded her podcast. Stacy has a whopping 17 years of business experience and her specialty is helping bricks and mortar business grow and scale. Check out her show Foot Traffic.
- Momentum by Alex Charfen is a short and punchy listen. The episodes are never too long and Alex knows how to give you the right kind of advice and inspiration to get you up and moving in the right direction. If you’re into “no nonsense” practical business advice, you’ll love Alex.
And we would be remiss if we didn’t share our Mamas & Co. members who have their own business podcasts.
- Seasoned biz coach Shelagh Cummins host the Road to 7 where she interviews some powerhouse lady bosses, all of whom have built 7-figure businesses.
- Longtime member Cindy Wagman works with the nonprofit sector and her podcast The Small Nonprofit is a great resource for anyone in that space.
- And our founder Lianne Kim also launched her own podcast this year. Check out The Business of Thinking Big where Lianne talks all things business mindset and strategy. She’s even had several of our members as guests on the show!
We hope you check out these podcasts and that they inspire you to take your own business to the next level!